Next week is the Apartment Association of Metro Denver’s conference, TechCon! TechCon is scheduled for Thursday, February 13, 2020 from 9:00 – 3:30 at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House. This year’s event will feature all new Tech Talks, one packed floor of trade show booths, innovation stations and much more! By understanding what technology your prospective residents want, you can start build your community’s technology strategy from there. And this conference has historically been the one in Denver to inform you on all the latest and greatest tech, while equipping you with practical takeaways to get going.
With being the region’s only multifamily innovation and technology conference, you might be wondering how to prepare for it? We have created a quick TechCon Essentials Kit. Having been sponsors of this event for three years in a row, we can confidently say that the speaking topics are practical, the attendance is great, and the tactical takeaways that you will leave with are invaluable in helping you prepare for the future. This is not a show you will want to miss!
So how does one prepare? First things first, this conference is open to members and non-members, which means all are welcome! You can’t benefit from continuing to read this piece without a registration… so start there then come back and finish reading.
First time attending? No worries! Here are our top 5 things to prepare, consider, and do prior to the show on February 13th:
- Business Cards. Don’t forget to bring a thick stack. Not only do you want to make sure to have cards on hand for any new people from the industry you meet, but if you love a particular technology or platform, you’ll want to be sure they have your information and you get theirs in order to follow up post-show. And there may be a giveaway or two (or many) to drop your business card into!
- Attendee List. It may not seem like an obvious thing to do for an owner or manager, but make sure to review the attendee list of the conference in advance to see who will be attending. If you know another company is using a technology that you’re considering, reach out and set time to get their transparent feedback and advice.
- Agenda. With the new Tech Talk format this year, make sure to put the most interesting speaking topics that you want to attend on your calendar so that you don’t miss them. This way you will not only get notifications for those key talks you want to attend, but will also know when you are free to hit the exhibitor booths and setup side meetings. Nothing says organized and efficient like putting it on your calendar.
- Exhibitors. The value of the conference isn’t just from the speakers. Make sure to see what companies are going to be attending and exhibiting, and create your list of desired exhibitors to stop by and have conversations with. Make sure to jot down their booth numbers!
- Final and Best Tip… Get your ticket for FREE! We have 1 free ticket to give away, so the first person to reach out to us via the live chat on our website will be able to attend for free. Just message us with the following promo code: #AAMDTICKET2020
Denver is a forward-thinking city and we are excited to be a part of this technology focused event yet again. We hope to see you there and look forward to engaging with you at the Realync booth #25.
PS If you’re attending TechCon from out-of-state, don’t forget to take a walk or hike, try a hip coffee shop, and take in the beautiful city of Denver!
Until next time…keep it real!