We don’t need to tell you how competitive the market is today for multifamily apartments. All you need to do is take a look at some of the apartment finder websites. Even skipping the best apartment rental sites or best sites for property rentals, you’ll see the market is crowded with some high-quality properties. So, you want to improve your apartment websites and ensure they stand out to prospects.
To do that, you need rich, dynamic video content. Video as a key component to enhance your website’s digital curb appeal, you’ll be able to share your property’s story better and have your community’s voice clearly front and center for prospects. And you’re doing so in a way that gets clicks, increases average time on site, and increases conversion rates. If you don’t want to take our word for it, here are some statistics that prove that point.
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%.
- Videos can mean 300% more traffic and help to nurture leads, plus 86% of marketers say video has helped them increase traffic to their website.
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video.
All of that data also demonstrates how rich content and video create better storytelling opportunities. With 71% of people watching more videos than they did a year ago, there are more prospective residents who have an opportunity to learn what it might be like to live in your community. That is, ultimately, what your website content should do. It should provide an opportunity for more of your target audience to learn about and become interested in your property. Video is far and above the best storytelling vehicle for that.
Integration of Property Technologies
Another way to improve your apartment websites is through integrating property technologies. There are so many different technologies you can layer on your website that will make the full experience better for visitors looking for apartments to rent. A few of our favorites are:
- Engrain’s SiteMap: SiteMap technology can be added to any application you use to manage your properties. Using GPS technology helps users navigate your property through your website. It can even syndicate real-time unit availability. Plus, you can add videos to the sitemap. That means having unit and amenity-specific video content right there for users to navigate to and view. Ultimately, your visitor can click into specific units and amenities and be able to virtually experience anything from the property through the website in an authentic way. See how we integrate with Engrain!
- PERQ: PERQ allows for various smart call-to-action experiences. Using artificial intelligence, this technology creates a website experience that is catered to each individual user based on the action they’re doing. You can also integrate video into those unique experiences. Here’s an example. The AI finds out someone visiting your site has a dog. AI can then serve that prospect videos of the dog park either on site or nearby. Or maybe it figures out a visitor is looking at one-bathroom units available starting October 1st. Great! AI can serve that visitor potential floor plans that may work for them in that timeframe. This property technology integrates with your site to serve visitors smart CTAs to try and funnel them to register for a live virtual tour or to come to visit in person – whatever your desired next step would be.
- Chatbots: One of the most common ways to improve apartment websites is through the addition of chatbots. Chatbots work with the website to chat with the visitor, proposing videos and content based on what it’s learning about that prospect. Do they have a family? Maybe videos of nearby parks or the on-site playground are a great choice. Are they fitness-oriented people? Get some videos of the fitness center in front of them.
There’s no need to fully redesign your entire website to see big improvements. Making a few changes can create a substantial return. Integrating rich media and video into the site is a great way to improve the overall apartment website experience. However, there are also a variety of smart website tools to further engage and customize the experience to that particular prospect. With that sort of technology and personalization, your property will shoot to the top of their apartment list fast.
Absorb More Realync Content
Enhancing your leasing strategy with 1:1, DIY or pre-recorded videos will help leasing teams WIN more leases! Get DIY video tips and multifamily marketing knowledge delivered to your inbox bi-weekly by subscribing to our newsletter!